Senior Commercial Credit Underwriter – Brentwood, TN
Reliant Bank is a full-service commercial bank that provides customer service from its website, mobile app, via telephone and from 17 retail locations in Davidson, Hamilton, Hickman, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson Counties in Tennessee. Reliant offers a variety of deposit, lending, and mortgage products and services to business and retail customers. The bank’s vision is to be the best financial institution at building and being a part of the communities served, one customer at a time. The company intends to continue building the Reliant brand across its markets and remains committed to building long-term value for its shareholders. We are currently seeking a Senior Commercial Credit Underwriter in Brentwood, TN. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. This exempt position reports to the Senior Credit Officer.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Meets with commercial loan officers, executive management and/or clients as part of underwriting commercial credits, often of a very complex nature. Communicates, in both written and verbal format, the assumptions and results of the analysis of financial performance, financial condition, cash flow (both for the borrower and on a global basis) and ability to repay per the loan terms.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists all commercial lenders, as well as mentor and train less experienced lenders, by participating with the lender, as needed, in client meetings in order to assist in identifying and addressing client financial needs and the information the Bank will need to make a credit decision.
- Establishes and cultivates positive rapport to build substantive relationships with clients
- Assists all commercial lenders, as needed, as well as mentors and trains less experienced lenders, as it relates to viable loan structures, including appropriate loan covenants, often vetting multiple structures to ensure the most appropriate structure for both the client and the Bank
- Anticipates other financial institutions’ competitive products / services and possible counteroffers when recommending a proposed loan structure
- Provides an independent assessment of credit risk by identifying loan risks and mitigating waivers or deviations from established policies and procedures by utilizing loan enhancements when applicable
- Assists and mentors less experienced commercial credit underwriters or analysts, as needed, with regards to all aspects of credit analysis
- Prepares packages for loan approval and supports the loan officer in presentation of loan requests to various approval committees. May present the loan request in the loan officer’s absence
- Maintains high customer service levels to internal customers as well as external clients
- Prepares financial spreadsheet analysis and various reports focusing on credit quality
- Responsible for account servicing(s) and covenant compliance
- Assists in the preparation of month-end reports for management
- Manages process related to tracking of financial information as outlined in Loan Policy. Works closely with assigned lenders to ensure prompt follow-up on expired financial information
- Promotes the bank’s products and services whenever possible; participates in bank sponsored events, networking and volunteer opportunities at every opportunity
- Provides service that aligns with Reliant Bank’s Brand Promise: We are a growing community of friends – one relationship at a time
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Finance and/or Accounting or equivalent professional experience in Finance or Credit Analysis preferred.
- Minimum five years credit underwriting experience of an increasingly complex nature or comparable credit/lending experience preferred.
- Keen analytical skills with ability to analyze credits of a complex nature and to assess client needs and develop solutions for the Bank and loan applicants.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters including meeting with potential and/or existing loan customers as well as reviewing and discussing financial statements/matters with clients, their representatives (CPA’s, CFO’s), and other sources to obtain clarification about information received.
- Ability to utilize financing spreading software (i.e. Sageworks, Moody’s RiskAnalyst, Baker Hill One Point) and analyze/interpret results including Uniform Cash Flow Analysis.
- Excellent organization, analytical and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively through writing, speaking and listening
- Demonstrate a commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently with nominal supervision.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and 401(k). Qualified candidates may submit their resume via https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/InpReliant.careers?ApplyToJob=235051846
Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.