Let's Break it Down
You've decided to apply for a mortgage loan with Reliant Bank; now you need to know the next steps to take. Your Mortgage Originator will work with you throughout the entire process to ensure you have all the necessary documentation required for a loan decision to be made.
At Reliant, we want to make the loan process as easy as possible. Here's what you can expect:
Step 1: Get Prepared
- Pre-qualify for your loan. We recommend consulting with your Reliant Bank Mortgage Originator to discuss how much home you can afford.
- Obtain all the necessary information for your loan application. For a helpful checklist, click here.
- Begin the exciting search for your new home!
Step 2: Meet with your Reliant Mortgage Originator
- Complete your loan application with the assistance of your Mortgage Originator.
- Discuss any questions regarding payments, escrows and any funds you may need for closing.
- Obtain any additional documents needed to prepare for your loan to close.
Step 3: Your Loan is Sent to Underwriting and Processing
- The underwriter works with the loan processor and mortgage originator to ensure all loan documentation is correct and complete.
- The processor completes any documentation needs not met.
- The underwriter makes the final decision on your loan.
- Once approved, your mortgage originator will provide your Closing Disclosure no later than three days prior to closing.
Step 4: Your Loan is Sent to the Closing Attorney
- The closing attorney may contact you to verify your closing date, time and location.
Step 5: Your Loan Closing
It's the big day! Make sure you bring:
- A certified check or wire information for closing costs.
- Any additional documentation requested by the attorney.
- Two forms of valid identification.
The closing attorney will review all documents with you and answer any questions you may have. Congratulations! You're now a homeowner!
Do you have more questions? Please contact a Reliant Bank Mortgage Expert or give us a call today at 615-221-2040 and we will be happy to assist you in selecting the right loan or answering any questions you may have.