Mortgage Loan Originator– Brentwood, TN
Reliant Bank is a full-service commercial bank that provides customer service from its website, mobile app, via telephone and from 17 retail locations in Davidson, Hamilton, Hickman, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson Counties in Tennessee. Reliant’s mortgage division is housed in Brentwood, Tennessee, but provides mortgage services nationally. Reliant offers a variety of deposit, lending, and mortgage products and services to business and retail customers. The bank’s vision is to be the best financial institution at building and being a part of the communities served, one customer at a time. The company intends to continue building the Reliant brand across its markets and remains committed to building long-term value for its shareholders. We are currently seeking a Mortgage Loan Originator. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. This non-exempt position reports to the Mortgage Production Manager.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Mortgage Loan Originator is primarily responsible for managing leads, prospecting for new clients, making initial contact, cultivating relationships with potential customers, and working with other department employees in order to generate new sales opportunities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets Bank’s average monthly production requirements for the Mortgage Loan Originator position
- Develops and maintains a network of relationships with existing and prospective clients
- Identifies potential mortgagors and acquires a full understanding of their financial needs, based on their individual financial health, economic goals, and credit history
- Educates clients regarding mortgage loans, the mortgage loan process, the different types of loans available, and how costs and payments can vary under the numerous alternatives available, so that clients can make informed decisions when applying for a loan
- Creates and maintains loan packages in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, as well as Bank’s policies and procedures
- Manages the loan transaction from origination through closing, while ensuring that the client understands the process
- Resolves client questions and complaints
- Proactively participates in individual performance planning with manager, establishes and manages mortgage production goals in accordance with Bank’s policies, and coordinates with management to ensure that expectations are met
- Calls outbound leads, and answers inbound lead calls, as required
- Assists department in the development of a successful business strategies by providing proactive and constructive feedback on techniques, strategies and concerns
- Participates in all Bank-sponsored training, and attends all requisite company meetings
- Promotes the Bank’s products and services whenever possible; participates in bank sponsored events, networking and volunteer opportunities at every opportunity
- Provides service that aligns with Reliant Bank’s Brand Promise: We are a growing community of friends – one relationship at a time
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Minimum of two years of residential mortgage loan origination experience preferred
- Proficient understanding of mortgage banking concepts and regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively through writing, speaking and listening
- Ability to stay organized and work on several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to handle detailed assignments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to deliver quality internal and external client support
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401(k), paid time off and volunteer time. Qualified candidates may submit their resume via e-mail to HR@reliantbank.com. Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.