Rely on us to be here for you today.
And there for you tomorrow.
First Advantage Bank is now Reliant Bank.
On April 1, 2020, First Advantage Bank legally merged into Reliant Bank—bringing us another step closer to operating as one bank. Now that we’ve completed the legal process, we are working to fully integrate First Advantage Bank into Reliant Bank with as few service disruptions as possible for you.
This final step is scheduled to take place over the Conversion Weekend, which begins on May 8 and concludes the morning of May 11—when you will have access to all the products and services available from Reliant.
While most service enhancements occur after Conversion Weekend, we are pleased to announce you may now use your First Advantage Bank debit card(s) at Reliant ATMs, at no cost to you.
As a reminder, the ABA routing number will change to Reliant’s ABA number 064109167 on May 11. However, we will continue to process any payments and deposits already established using the First Advantage number to give you plenty of time to update these electronic debits and credits. You will also continue using your current supply of checks until those are depleted. When you reorder, the new supply of checks will include Reliant’s routing number.
Please know that Reliant is committed to delivering exceptional customer experiences, and this goal drives every decision we make. From checking and money market accounts to credit cards and mortgage loans, our pledge to you is the consistent delivery of high-quality, full-service banking solutions for your personal and business needs.
Just like First Advantage Bank, Reliant is a community bank that was built from the ground up on the idea that customer and community should always come first. We know you have a choice of financial service providers, and we thank you for your business.
Please reach out to your local branch or banker if you have questions about any of the details provided. We are excited to be a part of your community and look forward to providing solutions that fit your financial needs.
Dates to Remember
- Beginning at 8 a.m., customers will be unable to access telephone banking and online bill payment.
- By 1 p.m., make sure you know your password to online banking (or reset it if you don’t) if you save passwords in your browser or use a password-saving program.
- Beginning at 2 p.m., customers will be unable to access the mobile app.
- By 2 p.m., review your account alerts in online banking and note any you wish to continue using.
- Before 3 p.m., please review your CardValet® alerts and rules and make note of any you plan to continue using. CardValet® debit card rules and alerts will need to be reestablished with Reliant Bank’s online banking platform after conversion weekend.
- Beginning at 3 p.m., customers will be unable to access online banking.
- At 3 p.m., Popmoney with First Advantage Bank’s online banking platform will be deactivated. Any pending, recurring or future-dated Popmoney payments dated May 8, 2020, and later will be canceled.
- All First Advantage Bank and Reliant Bank locations will be closed.
- First Advantage Bank customers may begin using all Reliant Bank branches.
- Access to telephone banking, online banking, bill payment and the mobile app will be restored.
- You may begin accessing your online account at www.reliantbank.com or through the Reliant Bank mobile app. Use your current First Advantage Bank username and password to login.
- At 9 a.m., begin using your Reliant Bank Mastercard® debit card.
- At 9 a.m., add your Reliant Bank debit card alerts to CardValet® in the Reliant Bank mobile app.
- At 9 a.m., add your Reliant Bank debit card to Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
ApplePay is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Pay is a trademark of Google LLC. Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Frequently Asked Questions
Larger-scale organizations have a competitive advantage. Our markets fit nicely together and will allow customers to transact business at more locations, and we strongly believe the merger will create value for shareholders, customers, employees and the communities in which we serve by combining two cultures that reflect a tradition of superior customer service at all levels.