Getting complete information on the front end will help speed up the loan process. Use our checklist to make sure you have all the proper documentation needed to expedite your loan:
- A clear copy of your driver’s license/passport/or primary form of identification.
- A contact number (Human Resources department or individual) for verification of employment.
- A copy of your current insurance policy with the name, phone number and email address of your homeowner’s insurance agent for your current home and/or any additional properties you may own.
- Copies of W2s, K1s and 1099s for your most recent (past two years) tax filings. Social Security awards letter, disability awards letter or pension awards letter as applicable.
- Copy of all Personal and Business Tax Returns for your most recent (past two years) filings including all schedules and all pages. If self-employed, please include a current year-to-date Profit & Loss statement. If you have an outstanding balance with the IRS, please provide a copy of your accepted payment plan or updated account transcript to show amount paid and amount owed.
- A copy of two most recent paystubs covering a 30-day period. Your name must be printed on the paystubs and must include year-to-date pay, a breakdown of all withholdings, and the name of your employer. Paychecks must be current to your application date.
- A copy of recent asset statements (previous two months), including checking/savings/IRA/retirement, etc. Please include all pages of each statement even if they are blank or seemingly unimportant. Statements must show your name, full account number and all transactions for the month.
- A copy of your current mortgage statement, property tax statement and property insurance statement for current residence and any other properties you may own. (This is needed to calculate your debt-to-income ratio.)
- Written approval to pull your credit report as part of the application process.
- If you have been divorced, please provided a copy of the final divorce decree, marital dissolution agreement, parenting plan and any Alimony or Child Support.
- If you have had a Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, Short Sale, Deed-In-Lieu, or other in the past seven years, please document in full with discharge papers, settlement statements, etc.
- A copy of the signed Purchase and Sales Agreement and a copy of the front and back of the earnest money check showing it cleared your account (if applicable).
- Refinance Only – if you have listed your home for sale in the past six months, please let your Mortgage Originator know.
- VA Loans Only – please include a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214 or Statement of Service.
- If you’ve recently sold a property, please include the executed Closing Disclosure or Settlement Statement.