Head Teller – Ashland City, TN
Reliant Bank is a full-service commercial bank that provides customer service from its website, mobile app, via telephone and from 27 retail locations in Cheatham, Davidson, Hamilton, Hickman, Maury, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson Counties in Tennessee. Reliant’s knowledgeable commercial bankers work with business clients to develop unique and individual deposit and lending solutions that help customers succeed. The bank’s vision is to be the best financial institution at building and being a part of the communities served, one customer at a time. The company intends to continue building the Reliant brand across its markets and remains committed to building long-term value for its shareholders. We are currently seeking a Head Teller in Ashland City, TN. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. This non-exempt position reports to the Branch Manager.
Ready to apply now?
Click the link below to create a profile and apply.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Serves as lead Teller and provides guidance and assistance to tellers with more complex customer transactions. Provides excellent customer care regarding daily transactions, addressing inquiries, and problem resolution. Performs all teller duties including but not limited to processes receipt of cash, checks, and loan payments. Responsible for vault and ATM maintenance. Prepares and reviews various teller/operational reports. Acts as a first line of defense to detect potential security risks, as it pertains to account fraud, counterfeit currency or suspected compromise. Participates in all branch activities to accomplish improved customer engagement, retention and product utilization, increased sales and cross-selling opportunities, branch profit, referral quality, and service objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent customer service including recommendation, promotion and selling of appropriate bank products and services. Gathers information needed to efficiently process transactions and requests
- Maintains a well-developed, working knowledge of bank products and services through self-motivation, seminars and in-house training
- Thinks creatively relevant to positive customer impressions, including customer appreciation days, random acts of kindness, drive-through takeaways, and teller tag lines
- Consistently meets or exceeds sales referrals as set by management. Assists teller staff to meet individual referral goals
- Mentors and trains new and seasoned bank tellers on an on-going basis
- Assists Branch Manager in assessing teller performance including new hire 90-day evaluation, weekly One on Ones, quarterly check-ins and annual evaluation. Monitors tellers’ schedules and assists Branch Manager with managing overtime hours
- Monitors teller cash limits and authorizes customer overrides related to all transactions
- Researches and resolves teller cash outages; performs out-of-balance audits and random cash audits as required
- Balances cash drawer, vault/recycler and ATM daily and reports discrepancies to Branch Manager as necessary
- Processes after hour deposit drop, mailed deposits and/or loan payments; assists customers with safe deposit box entry
- Accepts cash for deposit and reduces risk by verifying amounts and testing for evidence of counterfeiting
- Accepts checks for deposit and reduces risk by examining and verifying proper endorsement and/or evidence of counterfeiting while ensuring the checks are properly negotiable
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawal requests after verification of account ownership, appropriate signatures and/or customer balances
- Takes maintenance information from customers including address, e-mail and phone number changes
- Answers incoming calls and assists customers with tasks including telephone transfers, problem resolution, check re-orders, stop payment processing and online banking password resets
- Orders, counts and packages currency shipments ensuring amounts do not exceed regulatory and/or branch limits; ships out mutilated currency
- Inventories official checks, debit card plastics and redeems E/EE bonds
- Participates monthly in teller alarm and security device testing procedures
- Prepares and reviews CTR’s, SAR’s, MIL’s, Counterfeit Money Report, Branch Cash Balance and Transaction Totals Reports; distributes to Retail Operations and Risk Department appropriately
- Processes credit card cash advances and county property tax payments
- Processes daily teller work through branch/teller capture, ensuring all account information is accurate, all transactions balance and the end of the day file is received by core processor
- Maintains Daily Branch Checklist, Security Log and Key Box Log to ensure branch security and compliance
- Ensures teller station is neat, free of confidential information and properly stocked with forms and supplies
- Assists with maintaining appropriate inventory, ordering and stocking supplies for general office products, coffee, customer candy, copier toner, teller tickets, logo print items and scanner items
- Promotes the Bank’s products and services whenever possible; participates in bank sponsored events, networking and volunteer opportunities at every opportunity
- Provides service that aligns with Reliant Bank’s Brand Promise: We are a growing community of friends – one relationship at a time
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Previous Teller experience required
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate staff
- Ability to keep branch security codes, keys and combinations secure and confidential
- Must be flexible with regards to schedule fluctuations
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Previous sales experience essential
- Knowledge of banking products and services
- Good general math and cash handling skills
- Ability to communicate effectively through speaking, writing and listening
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting deadlines
- Maintain a professional image with public interaction
- Ability to work Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Saturdays – 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; Workdays (including Saturdays) and hours may vary based on home branch or other branch needs.
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401(k), paid time off and volunteer time. Qualified candidates may submit their resume via https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/InpReliant.careers?ApplyToJob=352466895 .Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Ready to apply now?
Click the link below to create a profile and apply.