Financial Services Banker (Virtual) - Franklin, TN
Reliant Bank is a fast-growing community bank headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee. Reliant’s market area includes Davidson, Hickman, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner and Williamson Counties in Middle Tennessee and Hamilton County in East Tennessee. We are currently seeking a Financial Services Banker (Virtual). This position will be located at our Franklin Operations Center. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. This non-exempt position reports to the Retail Sales & Service Manager.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Serves as (virtual) front line sales and service specialist. Provides excellent customer care with incoming and outgoing calls regarding daily transactions, addressing inquiries, and problem resolution. Performs most platform and teller duties including, but not limited to, consumer or business deposit accounts, credit products, treasury management or investment client requests, processes money transfers and loan payments. Acts as first line of defense to detect potential security risks, as it pertains to account fraud or suspected compromise. Participates with virtual branch activities to accomplish improved customer engagement and product utilization, increased sales and cross-selling opportunities, reduced cost to serve, optimized branch networks, and attract and retain customers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent customer service including, recommendation, promotion and selling of appropriate bank products and services. Gathers information needed to efficiently process transactions and requests.
- Maintains a well-developed, working knowledge of bank products, services and delivery channels such as incoming/outgoing telephone contact, text alerts, web and mobile banking, ATM/ITM’s, and remote deposit capture through self-motivation, seminars, bank intranet and in-house training.
- Competent in problem analysis and solving; monitoring and managing customer complaints with understanding of how to identify and escalate priority issues.
- Documents all call information into contact center tracking database, generating call reports as necessary.
- Occasionally makes sales calls to internal customers and business prospects that result in obtaining new deposit and loan relationships, participates in community and civic activities, and recommends ways of enhancing market share and bank’s presence in the community.
- Consistently meets or exceeds service and cross-sell goals as set by management.
- Ensures workstation is neat, free of confidential information and properly stocked with forms and supplies.
- Participates in bank sponsored events; and networking and volunteer opportunities.
- Follows all regulatory rules and regulations, immediately reports any suspicious behavior and/or situations that may result in criminal or emergency incidents, and completes all required training in a timely manner.
- Performs other tasks and projects as needed.
- Opens new accounts, profiles customer and recommends appropriate range of products and services.
- Handles maintenance of accounts including resolving account problems, processes account changes, and closes accounts.
- Answers incoming phone inquiries, processes wires and telephone transfers, online banking needs, problem resolution, orders checks, processes stop payments, debit and credit card maintenance or disputes.
- Accepts checks for deposit and loan payments, reducing risk by examining and verifying for proper endorsement and/or evidence of counterfeiting while ensuring the checks are properly negotiable.
- Processes withdrawal requests after verification of account ownership, appropriate signatures and/or customer balances.
- Processes credit card cash advances.
- Processes daily teller work through Branch Capture, ensuring all account information is accurate, all transactions balance, and end of the day file is received by core processor.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Minimum of one year teller experience preferred
- Excellent customer service, listening and phone etiquette skills
- Previous sales experience essential
- Knowledge of banking products and services
- Good general math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively through both written and oral formats
- Ability to keep security codes/combinations secure and confidential
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Good Microsoft Word, Excel and data entry skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting deadlines
- Maintain a professional image with phone interaction
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and 401(k). Qualified candidates may submit their resume via e-mail to HR@reliantbank.com. Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.