Financial Services Banker (Float) – Gallatin, TN
Reliant Bank is a full-service commercial bank that provides customer service from its website, mobile app, via telephone and from 17 retail locations in Davidson, Hamilton, Hickman, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson Counties in Tennessee. Reliant offers a variety of deposit, lending, and mortgage products and services to business and retail customers. The bank’s vision is to be the best financial institution at building and being a part of the communities served, one customer at a time. The company intends to continue building the Reliant brand across its markets and remains committed to building long-term value for its shareholders. We are currently seeking a Financial Services Banker for our Gallatin locations. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. This non-exempt position reports to the Branch Manager.
PURPOSE OF JOB
This position serves as front line sales and service specialist at multiple branch locations. Provides excellent customer care regarding daily transactions, addressing inquiries, and problem resolution. Performs all platform and teller duties including, but not limited to, consumer or business deposit accounts, safe deposit boxes, loans, treasury management or investment client requests, processes receipt of cash, checks and loan payments. Acts as first line of defense to detect potential security risks, as it pertains to account fraud, counterfeit currency or suspected compromise. Participates with all branch activities to accomplish profit, growth, customer retention, referral quality, and service objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent customer service including, recommendation, promotion and selling of appropriate bank products and services. Gathers information needed to efficiently process transactions and requests.
- Maintains a well-developed, working knowledge of bank products and services through self-motivation, seminars and in-house training
- Occasionally makes sales calls to internal customers and business prospects that result in obtaining new deposit and loan relationships, participates in community and civic activities, and recommends ways of enhancing market share and bank’s presence in the community
- Consistently meets or exceeds deposit, referral and loan sales goals as set by management
- Ensures workstations are neat, free of confidential information and properly stocked with forms and supplies
- Promotes the bank’s products and services whenever possible; participates in bank sponsored events, networking and volunteer opportunities at every opportunity
- Provides service that aligns with Reliant Bank’s Brand Promise: We are a growing community of friends – one relationship at a time.
- Opens new accounts, profiles customer and recommends appropriate range of products and services
- Handles maintenance of accounts including resolves account problems, processes account changes, and closes accounts
- Answers incoming phone inquiries, processes wires and telephone transfers, online banking needs, problem resolution, orders checks, processes stop payments, opens and services safe deposit boxes
- Generates consumer loans, takes applications, pulls credit information, completes loan approval form and prepares debt to income ratio report
- Balances cash drawer and ATM daily and reports discrepancies to Head Teller
- Processes after hours drop and assists customers with safe deposit box entry
- Accepts cash for deposit and reduces risk by verifying amounts and testing for evidence of counterfeiting
- Accepts checks for deposit and reduces risk by examining and verifying for proper endorsement and/or evidence of counterfeiting while ensuring the checks are properly negotiable
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawal requests after verification of account ownership, appropriate signatures and/or customer balances
- Counts and packages currency ensuring amounts do not exceed regulatory limits and ships out mutilated currency
- Sells official checks and redeems E/EE bonds
- Participates monthly in teller alarm and security device testing procedures
- Prepares and reviews CTR’s, SAR’s, MIL’s, Counterfeit Money Report, Teller Insight Branch Cash Balance and Transaction Totals Report, cash outages, and distributes to Head Teller/Operations
- Processes credit card cash advances and County Property Tax payments
- Processes daily teller work through Branch Capture, ensuring all account information is accurate, all transactions balance and the end of the day file is received by core processor
- Maintains Security, Vault and Key Box Logs to ensure branch security and compliance
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Minimum of one-year teller experience preferred
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, dependable transportation, excellent driving record, and automobile insurance required ($100K/$300K/100K)
- Ability to travel independently and work effectively at different branch locations and with multiple supervisors
- Ability to keep multiple branch security codes, keys and combinations secure and confidential
- Must be flexible with regards to schedule fluctuations and changes in workplace locations
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Prior to or upon hire, required to be registered on the NMLS Registry and obtain a Unique Identifier Number. Registration may include finger printing and the completion of an FBI Background Check.
- Previous sales experience essential
- Knowledge of banking products and services
- Good general math and cash handling skills
- Ability to communicate effectively through writing, speaking and listening
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting deadlines
- Maintain a professional image with public interaction
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and 401(k). Qualified candidates may submit their resume via e-mail to HR@reliantbank.com. Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.