Branch Manager – Murfreesboro, TN
Reliant Bank is a full-service commercial bank that provides customer service from its website, mobile app, via telephone and from 17 retail locations in Davidson, Hamilton, Hickman, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson Counties in Tennessee. Reliant offers a variety of deposit, lending, and mortgage products and services to business and retail customers. The bank’s vision is to be the best financial institution at building and being a part of the communities served, one customer at a time. The company intends to continue building the Reliant brand across its markets and remains committed to building long-term value for its shareholders. We are currently seeking a Branch Manager in Murfreesboro, TN. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. This exempt position reports to the Retail Sales & Service Manager.
For additional information, locations and hours of operation, please visit reliantbank.com.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Serves as sales and operational manager. For new market (de novo) retail branches, the branch manager will prioritize and cultivate external business development activities for new deposit, loan, and merchant opportunities. Oversees branch activities, including teller operations, customer service, loan processing, collections, personnel administration, and branch security and compliance. Responsible for overall performance within the branch market to accomplish profit, growth, customer retention, referral quality, and service objectives.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for branch sales management, personnel, and operations
- Participates in recruiting, developing, coaching and counseling employees
- Handles the administration of the staff’s formal performance evaluations, participating in corrective and disciplinary actions as appropriate
- Maintains a high level of knowledge about all banking products and services; functions as a product expert for the assigned area in order to educate staff to fully utilize all product offerings that best support the sales strategy and needs of the client
- Responsible for maintaining high customer service levels and finds solutions to customer’s needs and concerns
- Meets branch deposit, referral and loan growth goals with a major emphasis on core deposit growth and monitors budget expenditures
- Provides continuous sales leadership; fosters and manages a sales-oriented team by providing ongoing performance feedback for employees, generating enthusiasm and participation in all sales efforts
- Regularly makes sales calls to internal customers and business prospects that result in obtaining new deposit and loan relationships
- Responsible for ensuring the branch conforms to compliance regulations, and state and federal laws
- Conducts new employee ‘Introduction to Website, Products & Services’ training
- Actively participates in community and civic activities and recommends ways of enhancing market share and bank’s presence in the community
- Promotes the bank’s products and services whenever possible; participates in bank sponsored events, networking and volunteer opportunities at every opportunity
- Provides service that aligns with Reliant Bank’s Brand Promise: We are a growing community of friends – one relationship at a time
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree in business related field or three to five years of equivalent professional experience preferred
- Minimum three years progressive sales experience preferred
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate staff
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products and services
- Superior customer service and proven sales skills
- Prior to or upon hire, required to be registered on the NMLS Registry and obtain a Unique Identifier Number. Registration may include finger printing and the completion of an FBI Background Check.
- Ability to communicate effectively through writing, speaking and listening
- Background in financial institution operating policies, procedures, and banking regulations
- Work requires the ability to multi-task and to be flexible
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and 401(k). Qualified candidates may submit their resume via e-mail to HR@reliantbank.com. Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.