Assistant Branch Manager – Maryland Farms Branch - Brentwood, TN
Reliant Bank is a full-service commercial bank that provides customer service from its website, mobile app, via telephone and from 17 retail locations in Davidson, Hamilton, Hickman, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson Counties in Tennessee. Reliant offers a variety of deposit, lending, and mortgage products and services to business and retail customers. The bank’s vision is to be the best financial institution at building and being a part of the communities served, one customer at a time. The company intends to continue building the Reliant brand across its markets and remains committed to building long-term value for its shareholders. We are currently seeking an Assistant Branch Manager in Brentwood, TN. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. This exempt position reports to the Branch Manager.
For additional information, locations and hours of operation, please visit reliantbank.com.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Serves as sales and operational manager during branch manager’s absence. Provides excellent customer care regarding daily transactions, addressing inquiries, and problem resolution. Performs all platform duties including, but not limited to, consumer or business deposit accounts, safe deposit boxes, loans, treasury management or investment client requests. Participates with all branch activities to accomplish profit, growth, customer retention, referral quality, and service objectives.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages day-to-day operations, personnel and staffing levels in the absence of the Branch Manager
- Provides continuous sales leadership; fosters and manages a sales-oriented team by providing ongoing performance feedback for employees, generating enthusiasm and participation in all sales efforts
- Provides excellent customer service including recommendation, promotion and selling of appropriate bank products and services. Gathers information needed to efficiently process transactions and requests.
- Regularly makes sales calls to internal customers and business prospects that result in obtaining new deposit, loan or service accounts while deepening client loyalty
- Maintains a high level of knowledge about all banking products and services; functions as a product expert for the assigned area in order to educate staff to fully utilize all product offerings that best support the sales strategy and needs of the client
- Meets branch deposit, referral and loan growth goals with a major emphasis on core deposit growth and assists branch manager to monitor budget expenditures
- Stays up-to-date on security policies and procedures, and assists branch compliance regarding audit and security procedures
- Participates in the selection of new employees, assists in training and development of employees, and provides fact-based input for performance evaluations
- Opens new accounts, profiles customer and recommends appropriate range of products and services
- Handles maintenance of accounts including resolves account problems, processes account changes, and closes accounts
- Answers incoming phone calls, processes wires and telephone transfers, orders checks, processes stop payments, opens and services safe deposit boxes and reviews daily/weekly loan, deposit and revenue financial reports
- Generates consumer and/or business loan opportunities, takes applications, pulls credit information, negotiates rate/fee quotes, completes loan approval workbook and performs loan closings
- Assists in locating teller outages and surprise audits; supports team activities that result in successful branch operational audits. May assist with currency orders or outgoing shipments.
- Ensures members of the retail branch team maintain a current working knowledge for following bank policy and procedure, and retail teller and platform desks are neat, free of confidential information and properly stocked with forms and supplies
- Promotes the bank’s products and services whenever possible; participates in bank sponsored events, networking and volunteer opportunities at every opportunity
- Provides service that aligns with Reliant Bank’s Brand Promise: We are a growing community of friends – one relationship at a time
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree in business related field or one to three years of equivalent professional experience preferred
- Minimum two years progressive sales experience preferred
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate staff
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products and services
- Superior customer service and proven sales skills
- Prior to or upon hire, required to be registered on the NMLS Registry and obtain a Unique Identifier Number. Registration may include finger printing and the completion of an FBI Background Check.
- Ability to communicate effectively through speaking, writing and listening
- Background in financial institution operating policies, procedures, and banking regulations
- Work requires the ability to multi-task and to be flexible
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and 401(k). Qualified candidates may submit their resume via e-mail to HR@reliantbank.com. Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.