Dear Valued Customers,
Reliant Bank recognizes the threat we all face regarding COVID-19, otherwise known as the coronavirus. Along with other organizations across the globe, we are approaching this situation with caution.
We are here to help you understand and navigate these uncertain times. We expect the impact to be felt in multiple ways, including financial market volatility. Please know we are closely monitoring daily developments and have created a detailed plan to ensure the banking services we provide to you are not disrupted.
First and foremost, we have put significant effort into ensuring that our employees are following CDC recommendations and common-sense hygiene measures. As part of our preventative measures, we are sharing helpful tips and providing respected resources so you can learn and do more to protect yourself and others from spreading illness.
What Can You Do?
Here are some important steps you should take to avoid illness and help minimize this emerging public health threat:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often – both front and back of hands and wrists – using soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Be especially diligent if you’ve touched someone you know is sick. If soap and water are not available, you may use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer to get similar results.
- Avoid close contact with people who are experiencing symptoms of flu or other respiratory diseases. Stay at least 6 feet away from others who are sick. The virus can be spread through touch and via coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you have symptoms, cover your coughs and sneezes by using the bend of your arm (elbow) or using disposable tissues and immediately discarding them in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. If you are in a public setting, thoroughly wipe down surfaces with a bleach solution or pre-sanitized wipe prior to touching.
- Stay home if you are sick. If your symptoms worsen, consult a healthcare professional about self-quarantining and next steps.
- If you show signs of illness, avoid close contact with elderly family members and friends or those with compromising conditions who make up a large part of the most vulnerable population.
Coronavirus Education & Resources
The following resources are available for background, FAQs, and up-to-date information:
From the U.S. Center for Disease Control:
- Who is at highest risk?
- Preventative measures
- What to do if you are sick
- CDC Recommendations for Prevention of COVID-19 Spread in Communities
- Information for Travelers
From the World Health Organization:
From Reliant Bank:
Tennessee Department of Health
How Reliant Bank is Helping to Protect You
We are working hard to help reduce exposure. Here are a few ways we’re addressing the issue:
We have added extra supplies to each of our banking locations, including hand sanitizer, surface disinfectant, and gloves. Also, our cleaning services partners have pledged to adapt daily cleaning services to provide added disinfectant for high-touch, high-traffic surfaces.
Proactive Employment Policies
We provide generous time-off policies and additional guidance for our employees if they exhibit symptoms of coronavirus or other contagious diseases, are at risk due to recent travel, or have been directly exposed to the virus.
We’ve temporarily adjusted our work-from-home policies in the event employees must work from home, so we can continue supporting critical financial services such as ACH transactions.
In addition, we are restricting non-essential employee business travel to help prevent exposure.
We have provided CDC recommendations to our employees so they may understand effective ways to stop the spread of germs.
We understand how much you depend on us for critical financial services and you are welcome to continue visiting our locations to conduct your business. If you are feeling sick, consider using our mobile app, drive-thru, or telephone banking instead of visiting your local branch. Should the situation change, we will have important updates and alerts about any changes in operating hours. Stay connected through this website and social media.
Rely on us to help keep you safe and protected.
Your friends at Reliant Bank